The operational climate in Nigeria has changed over the past five years with a growing level of conflict in the country and a growing sense of pessimism and discouragement. In view of all that, the following will be priority areas for ACET interventions in 2018 to 2022:.
THE IMPACT OF ACET NIGERIA
We exist to support.... We work with local project partners to restore, protect, educate and equip these individuals sustainably. ACET Nigeria teams are working in local communities to bring care and support to those infected and affected by HIV and AIDS. Our home based care teams, made up of local, trained volunteers, visit people in their own homes, bringing understanding, counselling and practical help.
HEALTH & NUTRITION
Provide brief intro about this Thematic Area
To achieve our health and nutrition goal we:
- Build capacity of churches and communities to prevent and mitigate the impact of HIV infections and non-communicable diseases
- Provide community care on HIV, TB, Malaria and related illnesses among Children, young people and vulnerable populations
- Strengthen linkage and referral systems for vulnerable households to access comprehensive healthcare services
- Facilitate the development of community based health insurance scheme
- Provide medical laboratory services
- Provide mobile health services for vulnerable populations
- Create demand for and support quality ANC and post-natal services
- Facilitate access of vulnerable households to complete schedule of routine immunization services
- Equip communities to adopt improved food storage facilities and practices
- Develop a nutrition curriculum and facilitate infant and young child support groups
- Promote nutrition education and counseling for vulnerable households
- Provide family planning education and support for vulnerable populations
Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights and Services (SRH, SGBV and Life Skills)
Brief intro on this area....
To achieve our SRH, SGBV and Life Skills goal we:
- Build capacity of pastors and church workers for SRH and life skills education among children and young people
- Build capacity of faith leaders and gender champions to facilitate community dialogue on prevention and impact mitigation of SGBV
- Build the capacity of pastors and church workers to provide psychosocial support to children, young people and vulnerable populations affected by SGBV and conflict, and
- Develop and launch social media outlets for SRH and PSS services
Child Care and protection
A brief introduction to this area...More information coming soon.
To achieve the child care and protection goal, we:
- Facilitate birth registration for vulnerable children
- Mobilise communities to provide adequate shelter for vulnerable households
- Provide psycho-social support for vulnerable children
- Build capacity of couples/parents on positive parenting to enable them provide age appropriate care for their children
- Provide early childhood development services for vulnerable children to enable them grow well
- Provide growth monitoring and support services for vulnerable children
- Facilitate linkage and referral to legal aid services for vulnerable children and their families
- Facilitate the formation and running of community based child protection committees and quality improvement teams
Brief intro on this area....
To achieve the household economic strengthening goal, we:
- Develop ACET SLA module
- Build capacity of vulnerable households on improved agricultural practices for improved crop and livestock production
- Facilitate the formation and support of saving and loans groups for increased access to IGAs start-up capital
- Facilitate linkages and referral to agricultural extension workers and service organisations for increased access to improved seeds and mechanised facilities, and
- Facilitate linkage to micro-credit facilities
Environmental protection and sustainability
Brief introduction to educate your visitors... More information coming soon.
To achieve environment goal, we:
- Increase access of vulnerable households to safe water and sanitation for improved health, environmental sustainability and economic prosperity;
- Increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and renewable energy for vulnerable households;
- and Combat desertification, and halt/reverse land degradation